Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf: circle around instead of highlighted tex

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf: circle around instead of highlighted text
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:58:47 +0100

On 29 April 2010 12:30,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thank you for your hints and best wishes:)

Welcome!

> Yes I'll need lots of 'drugs'... 'cause I'm a C++ person and don't like AS3
> too much.

I'm sure you'll be able to cope!  ( I lost track of what was a good while
back now... things have moved on a bit since the ZX81 and Z80
Assembler!  ;o)  )

> Just want to be sure that there hasn't to be a new requirement inside the
> SWF.

In what way?  Text location and Highlighting is not without it's problems.
There are several references by frustrated coders on the mailing list.

> So my strategy will be to find out the position of the text and draw a
> ringlike line arround that, isn't it?

I'd say so. Unless someone else out there has a better suggestion?
Anyone?

If you tackle it Norbert, you may even consider sharing your progress
on this list, and you eventual success on  the wiki, eh? ;o)

   http://wiki.swftools.org/index.php/Pdf2swf

Viel Glück!

Regards,

Chris.