Re: [Swftools-common] Help to use gfx and rfx in python

From: kgart
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Help to use gfx and rfx in python
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 19:33:55 +0200

27/06/2010 01:12, Ricardo Pedroso write :
On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM, kgart<address@hidden>  wrote:

Hi,

    I'm a beginner with python and so with swftools python modules.
    I would like to make a "pdf2swf" python script that do the same thing
than the pdf2swf command.
    This will be a great example of use of gfx and SWF module for python, and
a good start to make a custom output of a swf file.
    But I have no idea how to use these modules.

To have pdf2swf same behaviour implemented in python, you don't need
SWF python module
gfx is enough

But I need to customize the swf output, replace some part by specific actionscript.
I don't find anything in gfx that I can use to do this. No ?

   I don't find enough Documentation to help me so I try the mailing-list.
   At the end of the mail the initial script that correctly run but build an
empty swf.

I'm blank here too, maybe some day I will dig into SWF python module.

That's just a begin. SWF script is a wrapper from librxfswf, but there is no documentation either.

   And what are the type of each parameters of every method of the
"PassThrough" object ?

I don't understand what you mean here.

For example "def fillbitmap(self,outline, image, matrix, colortransform): "
What are outline, image, matrix, colortransform ?
Where are can find documentation on those types.
How can I do an image.save("somepicture.jpg") ?

I have this start : (By the way : drawChar is writing drawchar (lower c) in
the gfx tutorial, and it make segmentation fault.)

It seems to me that gfx module is far from complete, especially the PassThrough.

You mean that actually, we can't rebuild and complete swf from a pdf with it ?

Sometimes ago I did a compatible implementation (and more complete, I guess)
of the gfx python module using cython.
I did it because I want to learn cython and gfx was familiar for me.

I can provide it, if you or anybody wants.

Ricardo

So it's an "unofficial" module ? Will it be difficult to keep it compatible in future ?

kgart