Re: [Swftools-common] Invalid Jump

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Invalid Jump
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 19:22:31 -0700

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 07:36:57PM -0600, Jodi Moore <address@hidden> wrote:
>   I am using swfdump on files that have ActionScripts.  Sometimes swfdump
> outputs messages like:
>
> "Warning: Invalid jump instruction "jump" from xx to yy (zz)"
>
> Does it mean that there'll an illegal jump action in the DoAction tag
> that jumps outside the current tag? Or it means something else?

I'm not entirely sure myself why these jumps occur in files. It seems
that compilers like mxmlc sometimes generate bogus jumps (which jump
beyond the last operation in a function) as a means of exiting said
function.

Given that this is such a common occurence, I guess we probably can
remove this warning message.