Re: [Swftools-common] swfc video

From: iosif budulai
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swfc video
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 08:13:19 -0700 (PDT)

From: Chris Pugh <address@hidden>
To: swftools-common <address@hidden>
Cc: iosif budulai <address@hidden>
Sent: Wed, August 4, 2010 12:44:30 AM

On 4 August 2010 00:13, Ricardo Pedroso <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:49 PM, iosif budulai <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to get .flv video streaming to work with swfc.
>> .flash filename="video.swf" fps=24 bbox=900x500 background="" version=8
>> .action:
>> video_nc = new NetConnection();
>> video_nc.connect(null);
>> video_ns = new NetStream(video_nc);
>> video_holder = new Video();
>> video_holder.attachNetStream(video_ns);
>> video_ns.play('600.flv');
>> video_holder._x=50;
>> video_holder._y=50;
>> .end
>> .end
>> What I get working from this is only the sound.
>> If I remove all the lines with video_holder the result is the same, only
>> sound.
>> The problem I guess here is the video object.
>> What I found out is that even in Adobe Flash you can't create the video
>> object only with actionscript 2:
>> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS2LCR/Flash_10.0/help.html?content=Part3_Using_V2_Components_1.html
>> Video streaming with flex:
>> http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/201/langref/flash/media/Video.html#includeExamplesSummary
>> Ming videostreaming example:
>> http://www.gazbming.com/
>> Here I can't find the correspondence of this line  $stream = new
>> SWFVideoStream(); in swfc.
>> I am not sure this feature exist in swfc and I am not sure this can be
>> created with actionscript 2 alone.
>> There is any solution to this or any work around?
>> Regards,
>> Iosif
>>

> Jens Michel Gens have a bunch of swfc samples
> (http://jeanmichel.gens.free.fr/swfc/)
>
> This one is for video, but in as3 - http://jeanmichel.gens.free.fr/swfc/video.sc
>
> Ricardo

It''s a good while back now..  can't actually recall whether I got this
going or not with swfc.  Will have to check.  It can certainly be done
under AS2.

Embedding the Video Object within a Movie Object, then embedding
that Movie Object on the Stage, may help..

The alternative is using the Flash Player FLV component, or else
embedding a pre-compiled basic SWF.player, which allows full
customisation.  Plenty of them out there to grab..

Cheers,

Chris.

Because only with with AS2 alone you can't create a video object or a video streaming object (almost sure of that) I have to
find a external way to solve this issue.

The solutions I think of are:

1. using swfc and AS3 to create the swf wrapper for flv streaming, but here i have to see if is swf created for flash 9 works into  swf for flash 8 (my main movie).
2. using Ming php library and AS2 to create the swf , but have to figure out how to do it and how reliable is.
3. using OpenLaszlo to create the swf.
4. using Adobe Flash and AS2 to create the swf, since the 1-3 are open source and cross platform, the Adobe Flash is not open source and not on Linux natively.

There is anything else possible here?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Iosif