Re: [Swftools-common] Flash Extractor 2.2.0

From: Chris Ohmstede
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Flash Extractor 2.2.0
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 14:10:05 -0700

On 09/06/2010 03:18 AM, filip sound wrote:
is it available for windows? most of the tools are available for win too I think.
can you add an installer that checks for the missing packages and downloads them if necessarry (win)?

filip
Hi Filip
Sorry I'm so long getting back.  I had a bit of a crisis and had to quickly write, well unwrite some code.  Anyway, I'm sorry to say, I'm not looking to support Windows or Mac.  I guess I'm a little odd about this but I'm not looking to take money out of the wallets of Windows and Mac developers.  I started this application to give back to Linux.  My application aside, Linux is a wonderful place to be.  You can spend $100.00 dollars on a used machine (no need for a state of the art machine in Linux), download and install the free operating system (I'm a Fedora fan but if this is your first time you probably want to start with Ubuntu.)  Then, download all the free software you want.  You don't need to pay for a virus / spyware / malware  scanner.  In Linux, if used as designed, it is very difficult if not impossible for a virus or spyware to survive.  There is definitely a learning curve but once you get used to it you will be surprised at  how much time you spend on your Linux machine (I have 3 windows machines that pretty much do nothing but gather dust any more.)  Anyway, sorry about that.

Chris