Re: [Swftools-common] wav2swf

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] wav2swf
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 12:17:17 +0200

>On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 16:13:05 +0100
>address@hidden wrote:

> I want to generate swfs to run in GrandVJ. I am going to trigger them using a
> >Roland SPDS which is playing wav files.   The progress bar is needed so I
> can hit >the next sample at the right time! ..
> If I had a program like wav2swf then I could create a batch process like
> this:
>
> wav2swf dah.wav dah.swf
> wav2swf nah.wav nah.swf
> wav2swf mah.wav mah.swf
> ...etc ..etc...

>I have hundreds of samples ...

I see.  Suggestion then...

If you are *intent* on loading swfs, then how about having a *simple player*
which
counts ( up or down ) the passing frames of your audio swf?  Then you can time
your next sample trigger by that.  It may not look quite so neat as a progress
bar, but,
it's probably way easier to time.

Once the above player is coded, then you can simply use swfcombine to load each
of your converted sample swfs into the player, one by one.  Your little batch
process ( are you using Windows or Bash? )  would then be along the lines of,

  wav2swf -o sound.swf sound.wav

  swfcombine -o player_plus_sound.swf  player.swf container_name=sound_name.swf

( container_name being the object inside 'player swf' where you put the sounds )

I expect you 'd prefer to see some scraps of working code, huh? ;o)

Regards,

Chris.