[Swftools-common] SWFTools Media Player..

From: Chris
Subject: [Swftools-common] SWFTools Media Player..
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 17:07:10 +0200

There has been mention ( even mild complaint begad ), that a useful utility such
as wav2swf, should be endowed with a 'progress bar'!

TBOMK ( feel free to prove me wrong someone ), the only way to implement such a
beast is to wrap the resultant audio swf produced by wav2swf in a 'player' swf.

That task can easily be achieved by using swfcombine, much as one does after
using
pdf2swf to make a viewer.   The result would be a very basic Media Player.
Anyway..
that started my brain ticking over..

I have lots of experimental scrap ramblings on this 'ere laptop, which combined
together could form such a beast, i.e. a media player written in swfc/as2.  If I
check the code on the wiki as I go along, then those coders out there who are
way
cleverer than I am could all join in.

What say you all?  Aye?

Chris.