Re: [Swftools-common] Re: swfc crash

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Re: swfc crash
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:30:35 +0200

Salut Jean,

>On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 22:56:30 -0400
>Jean Thierry-Mieg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks very much for replying so fast

We try.. ;o)

> I am generating an automatic image that you can see
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/IEB/Research/Acembly/av.cgi?db=ara&q=at4g35830.aOct08&c=mrna

ok.

> swfc (release .0.8.1) with 2 modifs (colors and .bubble
> is creating the image you can see on my public server from the .sc file I
> have attached

ttbomk, there is no .bubble command in swfc.  Have you amended the source to
include such a beast?

Also, there was no attached file.  Could you try again or link to it?

> the problem I have is that swfc crashes on that image
>  swfc -o toto.swf swf-crash.complete.sc    => segmentation fault

Matthias may be your man here, he's the developer not I, however it would
still be useful to the see the swfc and images you are using.

> so in effect, I am not asking you to debug my disgusting automatically
> >generated .sc file!

;o)  It was rather long..

I gathered you were somehow involved with genome research from the domain part
of your  email address.  I'm sure Matthias will be pleased to know about the
tasks
being entrusted to his little bit of software!

> PS: the image is quite big
> but the compiler does not crash on smaller images :)
> but i have very many even bigger images to generate

If they are *that* big, and diagrammatic, wouldn't svg format be better ( and
smaller )?

Regards,

Chris
<address@hidden>