Re: [Swftools-common] shared font library

From: Soroush Hassani
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] shared font library
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 06:45:57 -0700 (PDT)

Is it something achievable without implementing it in pdf2swf directly? I think it will require these steps:

1. Extracting the fonts from PDF file, the thread at http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2008-02/msg00006.html offer a solution andI checked some versions of swftools but could not find lib/pdf/GFXOutputDev.cc, which one I have to use?
the other solution is to use swfextract to get the font data but its output file is a swf that add some controls to show font's characters and this takes
much of the swf file size, reading swfextract man page I did not find a parameter or a way to change this behavior.

2. Combine fonts in one swf file to load by the viewer at runtime or embed inside it, font2swf come to mind but it create a swf file for each font and also add some controls to show font's characters as
 the situation with swfextract; it created 130KB swf of a 82KB truetype font file.

3. Tell pdf2swf not to embed fonts but I found no hint on how to do this or even if it is possible.

4. Load fonts' swf at runtime, my limited skill in actionscript suggest that it is not such hard to load a fonts shared asset when we know which name pdf2swf use for each font.

Any directions and answer to above question is highly appreciated.