Re: [Swftools-common] "swfc video" and "SWFTools Media Player"

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] "swfc video" and "SWFTools Media Player"
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 13:09:07 +0100

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 20:08:44 +0000
John Sullivan <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Friday, November 5, 2010, 7:44:13 AM, Chris wrote:
> > John Sullivan <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> (Never did get round to implementing more than the
> >> partial-proof-of-concept that was the reason behind my interest .video
> >> in the first place. Maybe one day...)
>
> > For the most part, it works extremely well.  If I were you, unless the mood
> > takes you, I wouldn't worry!
>
> Ah no, you misunderstand. swfcplayer was just something I knocked up
> as an example of use for swftools. The main project is a far grander
> thing.

Sorry. I thought you were referring to the video patch. ;o)

> (Basically a hard-drive based DVD library using libdvdnav to play,
> libavcodec to transcode, a custom RTMP server to push the video to an
> SWF running downstairs on the Wii.)

Indeed?  Be interesting to see the result ( this coming from someone who
has one humble laptop, one mobile phone, and nothing else technological
in sight, least of a games console.. )   All I canb say, is do not further
delay, get started today! :o)

--
Chris
<address@hidden>