[Swftools-common] Problems with IE 8 and javascript commands sent to fla

From: Stefan Andersson
Subject: [Swftools-common] Problems with IE 8 and javascript commands sent to flash
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:44:18 +0100

We use swftools to convert "pdf2swf -T9 -o file.swf file.pdf" in Fedora. It works like a charm.

Then we have created a _javascript_ calling flash.GotoFrame(x) and it works fine in Firefox. It means that the flash can be activating the available commands like GotoFrame, Stop, Rewind etc without any problem. But in IE 8 it gives an undefined error. The object function is there but an "undefined error" in JScript occurs. When we test swf files created by other tools then it works fine in IE8 too.

The swf file has been added statically and dynamically by an inner-html element. No difference with error in IE8.

What is swftools doing or not doing which makes this happen? Or what is the problem?

Stefan