[Swftools-common] Fw: Re: pdf2swf

From: Chris
Subject: [Swftools-common] Fw: Re: pdf2swf
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:25:18 +0000

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 23:26:42 +0900
Go Furukawa <address@hidden> wrote:

> I check http://swftools.org, but I cannot find any infomation what
> font format is supported.

Agreed. Information is a little sparse.  pdf2swf makes use of xpdf though, so
whichever
fonts the latter supports, pdf2swf should also.

> Does pdf2swf only support truutype and type 1 font ?

Possibly!  font2swf does ( at the moment ).

> I read the past post below.
>
> Re: [Swftools-common] OTF fonts
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2007-12/msg00012.html
> > OTF (OpenType) should be supported, too.

A bit old.  Changes could have been implemented.  Matthias should have the
definitive
answer there.

> I get HelveticaNeue from Adobe Fonts, so maybe I cannot convert .otf
> to .ttf for license problem.
> http://www.adobe.com/type/

Well, you could try the conversion anyway, placing the ttf versions in the same
directory.  If it then works, you have your answer!  This url may be useful to
you:

    http://www.freefontconverter.com/

> BTW I tried various Japanese OTF, Morisawa, Hiragino,
> I can use Japanese Open Type fonts with parameters -s
> languagedir=/path/to/xpdf/japanese
> I get language support files from Xpdf website.
> http://foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html

Yes, any extra fonts required can usually be obtained from the Xpfd download
area.

Regards,

Chris.