[Swftools-common] font width problem

From: Go Furukawa
Subject: [Swftools-common] font width problem
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 20:34:49 +0900

Hi, all.

I have a new problem about font shapes. Please help me.

To explain my problem, I make PDF and SWF files.
Plese see these files, NG case.

NG Source PDF(not font embeded):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1736062/pdf2swf/Narrow_Witdh_NG.pdf
NG Source PDF Rendered in Adobe Reader
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1736062/pdf2swf/Narrow_Witdh_NG_PDFAdobeReader.PNG
NG Output SWF:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1736062/pdf2swf/Narrow_Witdh_NG.swf

There are two text strings (8pt),
(1) condensed width, "AAA..."(String "A" repeats 40 times)
(2) normal width, "ABCDE"

I use same font, but I change width to fit length,
length of this text string is 5 cm, so font shape becomes narrow, condensed.

After narrow width string is appeared (under this string),
normal width string become little narrow (see string "A" in PDF & SWF).

So above narrow string, normal width string is displayed normal shape.
Please see OK case.

OK Source PDF(not font embeded):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1736062/pdf2swf/Narrow_Witdh_OK.pdf
OK Output SWF: