[Swftools-common] Install pdf2swf On Hosted Apache Server

From: Matthew Ulrich
Subject: [Swftools-common] Install pdf2swf On Hosted Apache Server
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 21:50:49 -0800

I have a site where my logged in users can upload pdfs and then view them in a Flash app.  I need to be able to have pdf2swf do the file conversion automatically.  I know this question has been asked before, how do I install swftools on a hosted server running Apache.  I have the php for uploading pdfs, however, I am a NOOB when it comes to server setup/configuration.  I looked at the documentation, but it seems to be for installing swftools on a local server.  What are the steps to install it on a hosted server?  Which build of swftools should I use?  Do I need other libraries?  Do I need to contact the web host?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give,

Matt