Re: [Swftools-common] Broken release 0.9.1 and development snapshot

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Broken release 0.9.1 and development snapshot
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:24:13 -0800

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 09:55:06PM +1100, Aaron Drew <address@hidden> wrote:
> Both the 0.9.1 and dev snapshot seem (really!) broken to me.
> lib/MD5.cc doesn't exist but its referenced in setup.py. There are
> references to gfxpoly.c which seems split out now into its own
> directory. It relies on a version of setuptools with CompileError that
> isn't shipped with most common linux distros. It doesn't search
> /usr/lib/x86_64.../ for libraries, etc, etc...

Oops. Thanks for letting me know about this. I haven't updated setup.py
in a while. If it's that thoroughly broken, maybe we should remove it.

My favorite way of building the python extensions is through configure / make,
actually. It does require that you only have a single python version on
your machine though.