[Swftools-common] 0.9.2 - Patch fixes compile error in conftest for fftw

From: P. Martin
Subject: [Swftools-common] 0.9.2 - Patch fixes compile error in conftest for fftw on OSX
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 22:20:06 +0000 (GMT)

Hello, I'm crafting the Homebrew package manager formula
for swftools-0.9.2 on OSX.

I always fail one of the fftw conftests.  After looking at the config.log,
I think I spotted a syntax error in the conftest for fftwf_plan_dft_2d.

The conftest links only against -lfftwf, but it uses fftw_malloc.
So I get an error where that symbol is not found.  I ran an
  nm /usr/local/lib/libfftwf.dylib | grep fftw_malloc
and got no hits using fftw-3.3.1.  The patch is located in
my repo here:

https://github.com/2bits/patches/blob/master/swftools-0.9.2.configure.diff

And the raw p1 patch would be:

https://github.com/2bits/patches/raw/master/swftools-0.9.2.configure.diff

I realize I could have made that for configure.ac, but
it's a working patch that saves us having to autoreconf.
If I'm making a mistake, which I often do, please give
me a heads-up.

With my patch the software compiles correctly and links fftw
into every binary.  May I ask how much faster approximately
is the processing when using fftw?

Ok thanks,
nibbles