Re: [Swftools-common] Hi, is this the correct location to post question

From: List_Subs
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Hi, is this the correct location to post question to
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 10:40:52 +0200

On Fri, 25 May 2012 13:24:53 +1000
"George Kirkham" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, is this the correct location to post question to?

No better.. other than perhaps a Ubuntu specific forum? ;o)

Warnings can for the most part be happily discounted.  They usually
relate to gcc - whch version do you have installed?

As to errors, do make sure you have all installed all the necessary
packages and libraries that are required.  It sounds like you don't.

Ubuntu itself, seems to be particularly troublesome where swftools
is concerned -  a quick check of the swftools mailing list archive,
and you'll see it's littered with references to various versions of
Ubuntu throwing wobblies!

As maybe a quicker fix, does the following link help?

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-install-swftools-in-ubuntu-12-0411-10-using-ppa.html

If, not check back here.  Bound to be another unhappy Ubununu user out
there somewhere, suffering in the same way as you are! ;o)  Personally
speaking, I've never used the distro ( nor would I ever wish to ).

HTH a little.

Regards,

Chris.