[Swftools-common] pdf2swf fonts

From: DannyT
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf fonts
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 14:23:37 +0100

Can someone please explain the intricacies of how pdf2swf handles fonts? Some fonts seem to be absolutely fine but others are causing various error output. I'm pretty sure this is concerned with the way the fonts are either created and/or embedded in the pdf. My end result is I need to include the text and for it to be selectable, this is all fine for most default fonts.

Suppose I do not have the font installed on my machine running pdf2swf but the pdf I've been provided uses a custom font of some sort. Can pdf2swf handle this scenario and if so:
Unfortunately I am a bit of a dunce when it comes to Fonts and PDFs but have been tasked with figuring this out nonetheless.

Thanks for any guidance anyone can offer.

Dan