[Swftools-common] FSCommand problem

From: Anil Chandra
Subject: [Swftools-common] FSCommand problem
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:33:01 +0530

Hi,

Here is what I wanted to do.

1. Take a third party swf file and embed that in new swf file (loadMovie)
2. new swf file is placed on a vb6 form.
3. when user clicks on the new swf, fscommand should be received by vb6 application.

First I got the fscommand working in swfc using button

Code:
.button show
  .show button_idle as=idle
  .show button_idle as=shape
  .show button_idle as=area
  .show button_hover as=hover
  .show button_pressed as=pressed
  .on_press:
    this.getURL("fscommand:abcd","");
  .end
.end

When the button is clicked, I am able to get fscommand event in my vb6 application.

But my requirement is that the loaded third-party swf should generate fscommand on click.

I tried various combinations (may not be exhaustive, I confess), without success.

Code:
.flash filename="action4.swf" bbox=728x90 version=8 fps=60 compress

.box button_idle width=728 height=90 color=red  fill=salmon line=2
.box button_hover width=728 height=90 color=orange  fill=salmon line=2
.box button_test width=728 height=90 color=orange  fill=salmon line=2

.button show
  .show button_idle as=idle
  .show button_idle as=shape
  .show button_idle as=area
  .show button_hover as=hover
  .show button_pressed as=pressed
  .action:
    this.loadMovie("mainbox.swf","");
  .end
  .on_press:
    this.getURL("fscommand:abcd","");
  .end
.end

.put show x=0 y=0 alpha=5%
.end

In the above try, I tried to load mainbox.swf (third party swf) into the button and wanted to generate fscommand through .on_press. But it does not work.

Is there any way I can load third party swf file and generate custom fscommand?

Thanks in advance.

Anil C