Re: [Swftools-common] Passing swf in stdin/pipe to swfdump

From: Romi Kuntsman
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Passing swf in stdin/pipe to swfdump
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 10:51:50 +0300

Isn't it possible to read from stdin into a buffer in memory, then determine it's size, and then go over the data in memory?

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Matthias Kramm <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 03:30:20PM +0300, Romi Kuntsman <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm handling a SWF file in memory in my program, and would like to pass the
> file to swfdump and read the output.
> How can this be done without writing it to a temporary file on disk and
> then passing the filename as parameter, for example using a pipe or similar
> option?

Afraid that a temporary file is the only way to do this-
in its current implementation, swfdump reads the file twice- once
to determine the file type, and a second time to actually parse,
so it can't process a stdin stream for that very reason.

Matthias