[Swftools-common] z-order is breaking for some text

From: Andrew Sinning
Subject: [Swftools-common] z-order is breaking for some text
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:36:13 -0500

We're experiencing a problem with some PDFs that use more than one layer of
text to produce an "outline" effect.

The problem goes away if we output the swf as a Flash 7 file, but for other
reasons we require the swf be output as Flash 9.

I have posted an example of the generated swfs at these urls.  The first one is
output using "-T7" and it looks just fine,  the second using "-T8" illustrates
the problem.  The broken text is at the top where it says "Final Minutes".
This is just one example of the problem.  We can reproduce it using many other
source pdfs.

   http:sites.google.com/site/andrewsinning/v7_1.swf

   http:sites.google.com/site/andrewsinning/v8_1.swf

Here is a single-page pdf which I used to generate the problem:

   http:sites.google.com/site/andrewsinning/FinalMinutes.pdf

Any thoughts?  When looking at the broken swf, you will notice that if you
resize the browser window (and thus the display size of the swf), then the
z-ordering of the characters changes.  This makes me think that this is a Flash
Player bug, but I'm hoping there is something we can do to fix the problem in
swf-tools.

Thanks!