Re: [Swftools-common] Get pictures from MovieClips

From: Pablo Beltran
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Get pictures from MovieClips
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 12:29:17 +0100

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for the tip. I'm able to identify potential images, but cannot find any relationship with MovieClip children names.

Real Example:

sfwextract:
[-j] 1 JPEG: ID(s) 14

swfdump -u:
[002]        46 DEFINESHAPE defines id 0015
                uses IDs: 14

So, expect id is 0015.

Then I load the SWF file and dump MovieClip children names:
instance1021
instance1022
instance1023
instance1024
instance1025
instance1026
instance1027
instance1028
instance1029

Which is the instance related to 0015?

Many thanks,
Pablo.

2012/11/3 Matthias Kramm <address@hidden>
On Sat, Nov 03, 2012 at 09:54:46AM +0100, Pablo Beltran <address@hidden> wrote:
> Movieclips created by using SWFTools have a lot of children of two types:
> Shape and TextBlock.
>
> Is there any way to identify jpeg and png images?

Run
    swfextract file.swf
.
It will print out lines like:
[-j] 22 JPEGs: ID(s) 237, 239, 241, 243,
[-p] 1 PNGs: ID(s) 642

Those are the IDs that contain JPEGs and PNGs.
If you run
    swfdump -u file.swf
it will tell you which IDs are used by Shapes:

[002]        44 DEFINESHAPE defines id 0643
                uses IDs: 642

I.e., in this case, ID 0643 is drawing a PNG.

Matthias