synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Call for testing

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Call for testing
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:55:45 +0200

Dear Friends,

I plan to release synaptic 0.25 this weekend. As there are some
internal changes and new features, I would love to have some feedback
for the current CVS (this should become 0.25 if no problems show up).

I'm especially interessed in the new "select multiple packages at
once" feature (use SHIT/CTRL). You can now do actions (like
update/keep/delete) on multiple packages.

If you are brave, you can also test the new python interface for
synaptic. Enable it with "./configure --with-swig" and you do some
basic scripting of synaptic with python (please read README.scripting
for details). Note that you need SWIG to make this work. Any feedback
for this feature is welcome!

Here are the NEWS for "I want to become 0.25":
 - cleanups for the "new" packages filter
 - added command line arguments (see README for details)
 - removed some warning if no synaptic files can be found in
   ~/.synaptic
 - multiple selection of packages is possible now (use SHIFT/CTRL)
 - some internal code cleanups
 - SWIG support for synaptic! a python module with the interface
   described in gtk/synapticinterface.h is generated and can be used
   to script synaptic with python (see README.scripting for details)

These are naturally the areas where heavy testing is required :)

You can get the current CVS from:
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/synaptic login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/synaptic co synaptic

More information can be found at: http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/synaptic

thanks,
 Michael

--
"Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are."
        -- Martin Schulze