synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] compiling synaptic

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] compiling synaptic
Date: 08 Oct 2002 22:39:35 +0200

"Michael Vogt" <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 12:52:04PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > Hi,
> Hi,
>
> > I finally have time to test synaptic on rpm-based GNU/Linux boxes. The
> > autogen.sh fail to find a gnome-autogen.sh
> > What is this file? It said said to fetch the gnome-common package from
> > the CVS. Aren't file in the CVS tree less tested?
>
> Under debian, gnome-autogen.sh is found in libgnome-dev. There is
> probably a package on redhat or other distros, that has this package.
> If you don't want to test the latest, you can just use 0.24 which is
> available as a tgz (no need to run autogen on this).

I'll try to fetch this gnome-autogen.sh (what is his purpose ? Never
seen it before.)

> Or be patient and wait for 0.25 :) It will be released in the next
> few days, there is only a nasty automake issue left (BTW anyone with
> automake experience want to help ;) ?

I have a very limited experience with it, if you are in trouble, I
probably cant give you much help.

> > If this script is important, can you consider including it in the
> > synaptic distro?
>
> That might be a good idea. If you find it i your distro, please tell
> me in what package and I will definitly add it to the documentation
> (under normal circumstance, the user won't need to run autogen, only
> if he fetchs from CVS).

You're right. I'll catch the file and forward you infos about it.

--
Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<