synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] filter By Repository?

From: Robin Dunn
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] filter By Repository?
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:42:16 -0800

Michael Vogt wrote:
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:36:31PM -0800, Robin Dunn wrote:

Is there any way to filter the package list by repository? (Besides editing the repositories list.) If not this would be a real useful feature to have, and is the only thing keeping me from switching.

No, we don't have such a feature ATM. But it sounds very
interessting. May I ask from what other program you about to switch?

RPMDrake (and urpmi) I made local apt repository mirrors of some of the urpmi repositories I use that weren't already accessible by apt, but I missed the ability to view by repository enough that I overlooked its warts and switched back. If synaptic had a "By Repository" tab on the filters page then it would be wonderful.

The one other thing that I can live with but still don't like is that the various progress and dialog boxes always come up at position (0,0) when I am running KDE, and so appearing _under_ the KDE panel I have docked at the top. Other apps do it too so I guess it's just a GTK/KDE interaction thing that I need to track down.

--
Robin Dunn