synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Re: apt/synaptic improvements

From: Mike Snitzer
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Re: apt/synaptic improvements
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 01:05:06 -0700

On Mon, Mar 03 2003 at 15:34,
Michael Vogt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 04:00:22PM -0700, Mike Snitzer wrote:
>
> You solved this problem, didn't you? I read it in another mail.
> What exactly did you searching for and why was the result different
> than you expected?

I was just lame and didn't look under Options->Preferences; turning on
redexps did the trick.

> > I realized you click 'New' then change the name after you've created the
> > New Filter instance.  And the reason that my filter died is I attempted to
> > filter the name with a regex (would be a nice feature =).
>
> You raised a valid point. The UI of the filter dialog has some
> glitches. We are working on a new dialog that is more user
> friendly. But I don't think it will be ready for the next version.

not a big deal; it just wasn't extremely intuitive; its fine now that I
know how to work with it...

> You said that you managed to crash synaptic using a weird filter. This
> shouldn't crash synaptic. Can you please send me some more details so
> that I can reproduce and fix this?

I had a number of 'include only marked sections' and under the filter "by
package" I specified some regexp BUT I didn't have regexp support enabled
in the preferences.  Sorry I don't have more specifics for you.

regards,
Mike