synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] [Bug #3311] support /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] [Bug #3311] support /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:37:01 +0300 (EEST)

On 28 Apr 2003, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 21:22, Rex Dieter wrote:
> >
> > FYI, I receive that error for *both* 0.32 and 0.36.1.  To be precise,
> > 0.36.1 yields the error: "I wasn't able to locate file for the X package.
> > This might mean you have to manually fix this package".
>
> Do you have some particular way of reproducing this? I'm not able to
> reproduce and don't have much clue what's going on either :-/

Found it: I had missed another list->Read() vs list->ReadMainList() bit in
rpackagelister.cc. Attached is the complete patch, now it actually works
for installing packages originating from sources.list.d.

Still curious about the use of SourceList->Read() vs
SourceList->ReadMainList() in there: obviously ReadMainList() has been
used at some point since the code is commented out above those spots and
there has been a reason not to use it. Michael / Gustavo: any comments on
that?

        - Panu -