synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Re: [RFE] RPM group enhancement request

From: Dag Wieers
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Re: [RFE] RPM group enhancement request
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 02:45:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I've found another problem after I had some experiments with pinning. Although I don't have any active pins set (everything is commented out) synaptic gives the following error on start-up and after that doesn't show any packages:

        Invalid record in the preferences file, no Package header
        could not open package priority file /etc/apt/rpmpriorities

My /etc/apt/preferences looked like this:

        #Explanation: Prioritize Red Hat updates
        #Package: *
        #Pin: release c=updates
        #Pin-Priority: 1002
        #
        #Explanation: Prioritize Red Hat packages
        #Package: *
        #Pin: release c=os
        #Pin-Priority: 1001
        #
        #Explanation: Prioritize FreshRPMS packages
        #Package: *
        #Pin: vendor "Freshrpms.net"
        #Pin-Priority: +550
        #
        #Explanation: Prioritize Dag Wieers packages
        #Package: *
        #Pin: packager "Dag Wieers <address@hidden>"
        #Pin-Priority: +500

Apt however doesn't have a problem with this preferences file.

Thanks in advance,
--   dag wieers,  address@hidden,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
«Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors»