synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] new release 0.40

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] new release 0.40
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:00:36 +0200

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 07:30:22PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 01:06, Michael Vogt wrote:
> > Dear Synaptic users,
> > Synaptic 0.40 is available. This is another incremental release. The
> > biggest thing is probably that the "remove with dependencies" button
> > is back and that there is a provides tab now.
>
> Seems to work fine here (RH 9)...

Great :) I'm always slightly worried about the rpm part, so I love to
hear that it works :)

> Michael, any idea what's happened to the repository at
> oops.kerneljanitors.org? I haven't been able to update from there for a
> couple of weeks now :( Pinging says the box is alive.. but the
> repositories there are inaccessible. Has it been firewalled off to
> limited users or...?

I don't know about weeks. But it's down for a couple of days
now. Arnaldo from connectiva takes care of the box but he is off on
a work trip or vacation (I don't know for sure) and he told me that
he can't access the machine right now.

I'm unhappy about this as well, but I hope that the svn will be back
up in a couple of days. I have some nice changes that I really would
love to commit :) (I added sorting for package sizes in the list mode
some hours ago). If there is a major problem with oops, the synaptic
repo can be hosted at a debian machne as well.

>       - Panu -
thanks for your feedback,
 Michael