synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] selecting previously deselected...

From: Wolfgang Rohdewald
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] selecting previously deselected...
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:27:55 +0100

maybe it's my not so perfect english, but
this message sound to me as if the package has earlier been selected,
then deselected and now selected again.

IOW and IMHO deselected is the result of an action (change from
selected to unselected) whereas unselected is a state.

This is consistent with the dictionary at www.britannica.com:
"to deselect" is a transitive verb, to unselect does not exist. unselected
is defined as "not selected".

I propose to change the message to "selecting previously unselected"

--
Wolfgang