synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic Hangs on Install of j2re1.4

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic Hangs on Install of j2re1.4
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:25:28 +0100

Hi Don,

Thanks for your problem report.

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 12:26:28PM -0800, Don Rozenberg wrote:
> I was using Synaptic 0.45 to install freeguide which reqires j2re1.4.
> Everything downloaded just fine but when it got to displaying the java
> license agreement it just filled up the screen and hung.  There was no
> way to gracefully exit.  Did I do something wrong?

I need to know some more information in order to help you here. Please
tell me what kind of system you are using (e.g. debian/testing) and
what exactly "hang" means? Did it displayed the agreement in synaptics
own (zvt) terminal window or the xterm? Didn't it accepted charackters
or why wasn't it possible for you to accept the license.
And please tell me what repository you are using to get java from :)

thanks,
 Michael