synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Updated Danish translation

From: Morten Brix Pedersen
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Updated Danish translation
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 00:16:26 +0200

Hi,

An updated Danish translation for synaptic can be found here:

    http://wtf.dk/~mbp/i18n/synaptic/da.po

Also, I have a few comments on some strings:

First, some clear typos:
    msgid "Port numer of the ftp proxy server"

    should be 'number'

    msgid "<b>Appereance</b>"

    should be 'Appearence'

Then I have problems with the following string:

    msgid "Upgradable (upstream)"

It is extremely hard to translate. I asked the Danish translation
team for help, and was told (by the GNOME-translation leader) that
I should report a bug to you. The work 'upstream' is too much slang
and almost impossible to translate in a clear way in other languages
than English. Instead he suggests something like two different
strings:

    "Upgradeable (fixed version)" (for normal package upgrades)

    and:

    "Upgradeable (new version)" (for newer upstream)

I hope other translators can agree with me that the 'upstream' part
is hard to translate and needs work.

Thanks.

  - Morten.

--