synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] 0.53: Are the filters conjunctive or disjunctive?

From: Joseph Reagle
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] 0.53: Are the filters conjunctive or disjunctive?
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:32:32 +0200

 I just upgraded from an earlier version (the version from the previous
KNOPPIX) and custom filter that I used to show me the upgradable packages
that I cared about no longer works.  It appears that in an earlier version
any package description inclusions was disjunctive, but now all the
conditions must be met: meaning that no package is going to meet the
criteria of being called KDE, and openoffice, and xine, and mplayer, etc.

filter "Joe's Upgrades" {
  section {
    inclusive false;
    sections {