synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Cosmetic bug in subview selection

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Cosmetic bug in subview selection
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:21:29 +0300

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 23:03, Michael Vogt wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 04:47:10PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > Hi,
> Hi,
>
> > If Synaptic starts with anything than "Sections" view initially then the
> > Sections selection in the optionmenu is gray (inactive) but is
> > nevertheless selectable and does work correctly when selected. It's
> > changed to active state once selected and the problem doesn't show up
> > afterwards, until the next restart of Synaptic (provided that the view
> > is something else than Sections). This happens on FC2, Synaptic 0.50,
> > 0.51 and current svn tree (r1158).
>
> I finally tracked that one down. It's acutally a one line diff to work
> around a gtk/glade problem. The patch is attached. It would be very
> nice if you could test it (even better is someone tested it with gtk
> <= 2.2).

Cool, indeed that fixes it at least with gtk 2.4. I'll test tomorrow at
work with gtk 2.2 and let you know what happens with that.

BTW just noticed an oddity with the sections view with an incorrect
Group tag in an rpm: the group is literal '<group>' from a template spec
on this package that causes
a) lots of "(synaptic:15200): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set cell text
from markup due to error parsing markup: Unknown tag 'group' on line 1
char 16" warning messages when clicking around the sections
b) the first couple of sections are shown as double, depending where
mouse cursor is.

b) is quite obviously just a side-effect caused by a) which in turn
looks like in order to handle such stuff (accidentally or not) in
sections Synaptic should be escaping the strings it passes to the
(section) view:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2003-May/msg00253.html

        - Panu -