synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Config Error

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Config Error
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:38:23 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004, Gary Barker wrote:

> When running configure for synaptic it complains that I need the apt-pkg
> headers installed. I have installed apt which contains a file in
> /usr/lib called libapt-pkg-libc6.3-5.so.0.1.1. Is this what it is
> referring to or is it something else?

You'll need the include files for apt, typically from apt-devel package.

> I am running Fedora Core 2 (x86_64 edition).

BUT... apt doesn't like FC2 x86_64 edition, at all. It'll run but not work
correctly because of FC2's "multilib" usage, in fact it'll want to remove
practically all packages on a default installation. Unless you're planning
to hack apt to work on FC2 / x86_64 you can forget about trying to use it
(and thus synaptic) for now.

        - Panu -