synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Two interface issues (0.55-4)

From: Andreas Schmidt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Two interface issues (0.55-4)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 04:40:45 +0100

Hi,

over the last few days I noticed two slight flaws in synaptic:

Each day on starting the program I get the message that my package info is older than 48 hours and that I should update it. Of course, as I run sid I have just about every reason to reload the list daily -- it's just that my list of packages shouldn't ever be much older than 24 hours, so the message isn't quite correct. :-)

The other thing, once I start downloading (either just the package list, or the actual packages later on) the window has a fixed size. Sometimes I'd just like to maximize the window so I can see on a glance what servers synaptic has been downloading from already, or what new (versions of) packages it already has downloaded. Using the scrollbars of the window is an option, alas a rather inconvenient one.

Just for the record, I otherwise like the new interface -- especially that I can turn on again the package properties in the main window!

Best regards,

Andreas