synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Build problems from trunk

From: Kelemen Gábor
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Build problems from trunk
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:38:48 +0100

Michael Vogt írta:
 > Thanks for testing!

I think I fixed both problems in svn. If you have any more problems,
please let me know.

thanks,
 Michael

OK, on the gtk-2.4 system builds and works fine. Almost :)
There is only one small problem, on the distributions window. My sytem (called Uhu-linux, dpkg-based, but not Debian) doesn't uses unstable, testing, etc, there is only one branch (referenced in sources.list as "./"), so on the distributions tab the list of available distributions is empty, and if i choose the "prefer versions from:" checkbox, synaptic segfaults. Can this be repaired?

> #: gtk/rguserdialog.cc:72
>> msgid "The following problems where found on your system:"
>> where should be were.

This is a new generic message when libapt reported problems in a
operation. I'm not overly happy with the wording and open for good
ideas  :)

I got an idea for this:
"The following errors occurred while applying changes:"
Perhaps better, than the original. At least, it covers the case of pressing cancel button while downloading, while the current doesn't.

P.s: Michael, please don't cc me your messages, i'm reading the list :)