synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] [bug #12567] strange behaviour on incomplete operations

From: anonymous
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] [bug #12567] strange behaviour on incomplete operations
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:58:58 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

I am having weird behavior when I try and do an operation that synaptic tries
to do, and the does not register the change in the gui.  If I continue to make
changes without "unmarking all" and then hit apply I get in the summary popup
a listing for "NOT AUTHENTICATED" along with the other changes, when I open
up the list it appears to have a bunch of blank items (I can only assume each
blank line represents a failed operation).  When I try to apply the changes I
get the errors:

E: Unable to lock the download directory

Clicking ok refreshes everything and it will work again so long as I don't
try and operations that synaptic can't perform.  This is the case for
downgrading.  Unfortunately, after a refresh most changes are remembered,
except downgrades.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=12567>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/