synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Feedback

From: ray hammond
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Feedback
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:24:08 +0000

I am a first time user of synaptic (v0.55).  My experience of using the package
is through the PC Linux OS.

I have collated my comments/suggestions regarding my experience.

1)  It would be nice to have the package name column added to the "Downloading
package file" list.  This is already included in the URI column, however the
package name is always outside the dispay area - to view the package name I
have to scroll vertically.  If a package name column was added after the size
column, I feel it would be a more intuative to use.

2) The "Downloading package file" dialog resizes as the time estimate expands
and retracts.  In my opinion this is a little messy

3) The "Downloading package file" dialog title is the same as the first header
i.e. the words "Downloading package file" are duplicated.  In my opinion the
second occurence is superfluos.

4) The "Downloading package file" dialog would benifit from a download size
counter i.e. Downloaded 12.2MB of 120MB (This is for the entire update as
opposed to the indiviual files).

5) Within the "Downloading package file" a minimize to the system tray would
benifit, with the icon spinning to indicate the progress, gree tick on complete.

6) While the "Downloading package file" dialog is open, I am unable to Alt+tab
back to the window (This could be a KDE issue?).

Kind Regards

Ray