synaptic-devel

Re: [sr #110074] Is there ANY documentation for synaptic.conf at all?

From: Peter Ehlert
Subject: Re: [sr #110074] Is there ANY documentation for synaptic.conf at all?
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 11:31:14 -0700

On 10/25/19 10:04 AM, anonymous wrote:

                  Privacy: Public
              Assigned to: None
         Originator Email: address@hidden
              Open/Closed: Open
          Discussion Lock: Any
         Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

(DISCLAIMER: Excuse my French, I'm royally pissed.)

Okay, I have now wasted a whole bloody day to search for documentation which
explains the options in synaptic.conf and/or the "internal settings".

Result: None, nix, nada, zilch.
There's literally a fucking TON of "beginners guides" available which all
explain exactly the same, i.e. how to select packages, install and remove
them, add package sources etc.

But no documentation worth the name. None at all.

So, could anybody please, PLEASE (with sugar on top) point me to where I could
find an explanation of synaptic.conf?

have you looked here?: http://www.nongnu.org/synaptic/

have you tried Help from the app?

   <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110074>