taler

[Taler] How to trust an auditor?

From: Florian Jung
Subject: [Taler] How to trust an auditor?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 01:59:03 +0100

Hi!

As I read through the exchange setup manual, I found out that I can / need to(?) sign my exchange's keys with an auditor key. To me, this kinda makes sense in a real-world scenario, because I don't want to trust every single bank by its own, but I would like to trust, for example, "the euro-zone's auditor" (and every bank that is audited by them).

However, how do I configure this in my Android wallet? I found a list of exchanges, but is there also a way to set up a certain auditor as trusted?

Or did I misunderstand the purpose of these auditors?

Best regards,

Florian