taler

Re: [Taler] How to trust an auditor?

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] How to trust an auditor?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 04:35:40 +0100

Hi Florian,

Well, exchanges don't really have accounts. If you are connected via EBICS to the banking system, there is no problem as the exchange would settle with whatever bank (or bank account) the merchant has, independent on which bank (or bank account) the customer has.

That said, our current *demo* bank ("libeufin sandbox") is a stand-alone bank and doesn't allow federation. It's for a demo after all ;-).

Now, for P2P payments, the recipient may have KYC data at one exchange, and the payer may have withdrawn coins from a different exchange. In that case, our design calls for something we call a wad transfer. However, that is not yet implemented.

Regardless, in none of these cases the exchanges need to trust each other; what matters is that they need to have an underlying RTGS for settlement.

I hope this helps!

Happy hacking!

Christian