tetuhi-vgs

[Tetuhi-vgs] Re: Tetuhi-vgs post from address@hidden requires approval

From: Robert Carter
Subject: [Tetuhi-vgs] Re: Tetuhi-vgs post from address@hidden requires approval
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 07:46:08 +1200

Thanks Douglas,

Haven't had a chance to do much more testing. Will post results when I get a chance to do some more work.

Rob

Phone +64 9 373 7599 x85336

On 18/08/2008, at 5:13 PM, Douglas Bagnall wrote:

framebuffer problem

Robert Carter <address@hidden> wrote the following but it
got caught up in the mailman post approval system so you won't have
seen it yet:

Hi Everyone,

I've been able to compile tetuhi, but I have a problem with the
frame buffer. Initially directfb did not detect the framebuffer
device /dev/fb0. I added a kernel option like 'vga=791' to activate
the fbcon framebuffer on startup. This allowed tetuhi to run, but
with unusual results. The display shows a 'comb' of horizontal scan
lines which are moving. It looks like the software is working - it
gives output on STDOUT that looks reasonable. I'm testing this on
an intel imac with a 'cinema' width display. Perhaps I need to set
something to tell the software how many bytes per horizontal line,
or some screen size related environment variable?

Rob

It sounds like a PyGame/SDL problem, but beyond that I have very
little idea.  The SDL_VIDEODRIVER environment variable might be
useful.  There's some explanation here:

http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/display.html#pygame.display.init

Also the set_mode function further down that page might be relevant.

If you want to try a different size, the variable to change is
WORKING_SIZE in vg/config.py.  Only 768x576 has been tested to any
extent, and be aware that the window size interacts with a number of
other variables; if you change it the games will suck differently.  It
would really be best to stick to multiples of 32 (eg 1024x768 but not
800x600).

Have you tried the -s / --fullscreen commandline switch?

Douglas