Re: warning for index entry with :

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: warning for index entry with :
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 22:36:11 +0200

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 11:40:53PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:

>     * trimming of customization doc and update of texinfo.txi
>
> Yes.

This is done now.  There was a lot of trimming.  I will try to bring
back some relevant parts from texi2oldapi, but for now I don't know what
will be relevant.

>     * tp/ modules documentation
>     (release?)
>
> I'd say it's not critical for the tp/ modules doc to be complete,
> but in practice I'm sure it will take me longer to go through
> texinfo.txi after you have than for you to update the tp doc.

Indeed, this is almost done.

> Not to mention the time pretests will take, which we could start without
> the doc updates, as you suggested before.  Still awaiting
> tp/Makefile.incl on that front ... (I know it's "wrong" to commit it,
> but can you just do so, so I can rebuild?  We can delete it again later
> when things are straightened out.)

The right thing to do is simply to bootstrap with (in the tp/ directory)

./maintain/regenerate_file_lists.pl

I believe, touching Makefile.incl would also do the trick.  Where should
such thing be documented?

Also there was a bug in the rule allowing to redo Makefile.incl, maybe
it also hit you.

> The other thing that concerns me for the initial 5.0 release is handling
> #line, as I wrote about separately.

I hadn't understood that it was for 5.0.  I'll have a look after I finish
the documentation, then.

>     * tex4ht and latex2html for @tex and @math
>
> This doesn't seem more important to me than the "really new stuff" you
> list below.  I'd say a LaTeX back-end is more important than that, and
> handling arbitrary node names is more important than either?

The point is that it is not new for former texi2html users (as myself...),
and I'd like to have all the relevant texi2html features in as soon as
possible.

--
Pat