Re: tp/MANIFEST, texi2html

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: tp/MANIFEST, texi2html
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 21:37:15 +0200

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 06:02:58PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Patrice,
>
> So, what is the purpose of tp/MANIFEST?
> Just for the sake of the eventual Perl module, which I know needs it?

Indeed.

> Anyway, seems like regenerate_file_lists could actually keep it updated,
> and not just with test results, either?  And thus perhaps it should be a
> different script.

To avoid duplication, the best would certainly be to regenerate MANIFEST
from Makefile.am.

What regenerate_file_lists does with MANIFEST is to determine what is
not already in it.  It is more a visual aid to verify that everything is
fine rather than a regeneration of MANIFEST.

In any case, I'll finish that after the release.

--
Pat