Re: --enable-maintainer-mode

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: --enable-maintainer-mode
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:19:31 +0200

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 11:27:47PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Log message:
>             restore maintainer mode, and rebuild Makefile fragments
> conditionally
>
> The bottom line from this is that you'll need to rerun configure with
> --enable-maintainer-mode.
>
> Maybe there's a better way to handle it, but this was the most

This seems fine to me.

> Didn't even really want
> to distribute regenerate_file_lists, hence ...

I can't see what's the probleme distributing regenerate_file_lists.
I can see that people not having perl installed could get an error hard to
understand.  But automake won't work either, so it's not a very typical
setup.

PS: you don't have really readded AM_MAINTAINER_MODE in configure.ac, or
you didn't commit it...

--
Pat