css classes for special headings

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: css classes for special headings
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:54:15 +0100

Hello,

There are some inconsistencies for the headings css classes
(like h1, h3...).

inconsistent footnote class
---------------------------

There is a class="footnote" for the h3 header introducing
the footnotes when footnotestyle is end but not for the h1
output when footnotestyle is separate.

I think that it should be better if there was the same
class used in both cases, or no class used in both cases.

Also I think that class="footnotes" (plural) would be better than
class="footnote".  Even better would be something like
class="footnotes-heading", in my opinion.

content has no class but footnote has
-------------------------------------

contents and shortcontents, when inline or output because of
'set'.$command.'aftertitlepage', do not have a class associated
with their h1 or h2 headers.  This is quite inconsistent with
footnote having one as described above.  I think that there should
be a class consistently with footnotes.

special elements have no classes
--------------------------------

Last special elements have no class associated with their
headings.  There are no special elements in the default case,
only for texi2html style, but I think it should be consistent
nonetheless.

My proposal would be to use classes for everything, but with
a -heading prependended to make clear that it is not for
@-commands.  This would lead to the following classes:
 footnotes-heading about-heading contents-heading shortcontents-heading

Agreed?

--
Pat