Re: tp versions

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: tp versions
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 09:27:19 -0800

    I will do a simple sed script to synchronize versions in all the perl

Ok.

    I am not completly convinced that the perl
    module(s) version should be synchronized with texinfo versions,

I agree there's no overwhelming need for the module version numbers to
be the same as the Texinfo version number, but OTOH, it seems convenient
and less confusing to make it be so.  At release time.  Or else use
$Revision$ somehow, if it's possible to strip the dollar signs.  Awfully
easy to forget to update otherwise.

    there may be more texinfo releases that standalone perl modules
    releases

If standalone perl is ever released, it would surely make sense to
release it at the same time as a main texinfo release.  Essentially as
part of doing the texinfo release.

    For texi2any.pl it is taken from configure.ac, and if not set,

Ah, I see now.  Ok, good.

    It is for changes relevant only for tp as a perl module.

I see.  I'd call it Changes-pm then.  And yes, the intro text should be
clearer.  I can poke at that one of these days, no big deal.

Thanks,