Re: texi2html tests are huge

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: texi2html tests are huge
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 23:47:54 +0100

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 01:39:31PM -0800, Karl Berry wrote:
>     for now, I still need them as I also
>     run the texts there,
>
> Oh, in that case, definitely doesn't make sense to change anything.
> I just thought you had finishing "importing" the tests into tp.

I am done now.  This unfortunately added more than what I would have
preferred.  There are still redundant/too broad tests, but this is not
as bad as before.

Now the tests takes 4 minutes to run, this is a bit too much, but
this is not that bad either.

The tests that are completly imported, in t/*.t also takes too long to run
and could easily be split in important and less important tests, as
many corner cases are tested that should not happen in real life manuals.

The new tests added another unconditional copy of files, that therefore
happens everytime, I guess you won't be anymore happy with that than with
the similar copy that already happens for the tests in the t/ directory.
This relates to tests that should be kept as is, so it may be worth
fixing.

--
Pat