Re: makeinfo vs. texi2any

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: makeinfo vs. texi2any
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 01:35:26 +0100

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 04:22:46PM -0800, Karl Berry wrote:
> Totally belatedly, I know, but I've been wondering if we really want to
> promulgate the new command name, texi2any.  Granted it is a much more
> accurate name than "makeinfo", but it's already been pretty strange to
> be talking about, and documenting, both names, and the users haven't
> even really been exposed to them yet.

It is really a better name, this is, in my opinion, a good enough reason
to install it.

> I wonder if we should just continue to install and document makeinfo as
> the name of the converter.  Did we have any other reason for starting
> to use texi2any?

We should install makeinfo, indeed, but I think texi2any is a better
name.  And I don't think we have another reason to use texi2any (at some
point they were different, but now makeinfo and texi2any do exactly the
same).

--
Pat